All university coursework requirements must be completed by the time of graduation. Your student account must be cleared with the university before your diploma will be mailed. This includes any outstanding Health Center charges, parking fines, library fines, etc. Check with the Office of the Bursar at 301.314.9000 to be sure that you have financial clearance.
A checklist for graduation:
- Complete a senior audit.
- Apply for graduation (Deadline was February 5, 2013); View the application for graduation.
- Meet all university requirements.
- Settle your student account.
- Update your address and email address on Testudo.
- Check the University Commencement website for schedules and other helpful information.
- "Like" University of Maryland Commencement on Facebook and follow UMDCommencement on Twitter to receive commencement updates.
- Purchase your regalia from the University Book Center.
- Conduct an exit interview with the Office of Financial Aid.
- Make arrangements for guests attending your graduation ceremonies.
- Check out our Career Services for Alumni.
- Check out the Maryland Alumni Association's Young Alumni Programs.
Diplomas will be mailed several weeks after graduation. Please review your graduation application here: http://www.testudo.umd.edu/apps/candstat/.
If you need to update your diploma mailing address please contact Diploma Services as soon as possible. Diploma Services 301.314.8270 firstname.lastname@example.org.
Office of the Bursar: email@example.com
Diploma Services 301.314.8270
Office of Special Events: firstname.lastname@example.org
|May 2012 Commencement Photo Gallery|
|May 19, 2013|
|Campus-wide Commencement Ceremony, Comcast Center|
|11 a.m. Doors open|
|11:45 a.m. Graduates report to Lot 4B Comcast (no later than)|
|12:15 p.m. Procession of graduates begins|
|1 p.m. Ceremony begins|
|May 19 and 20, 2013|
|Individual College or School Ceremonies|
|Various Campus Locations|
|Area Accommodations and Dining Information|